It’s been a bit of an uphill battle these last few days – nothing too dramatic, but enough to feel like I’m playing the role of the klutzy neighbor on a sitcom. For example, I spilled tea down the front of my white shirt on the day of an interview, and at the starting line for the 8K that I did on Sunday, I was kicked in the face with a beach ball. Not like, oops, it bobbled up and bounced off my forehead, but a direct beam that smacked me full on the face. That happened in front of the crowd, who all tried to stifle laughs while acting sympathetic. Yup, I was feeling good.
So, I’m trying to look at the big picture. I figured it was a great time to distract myself from the here and now by sharing some of my long-term goals.
I think that having your goals spelled out is important, and having a deadline for them is equally so. Age 25 is a good solid number for a deadline, right? Here is my bucket list with a timeline – 25 goals to reach by age 25.
- Write a novel (in progress due to NaNoWriMo)
- Live in another city besides Portland
- Sing karaoke…in public…by myself
- Go to Europe by myself (happening in April 2013, holla)
- Write a plan to start a Children’s Book Bank in another city
- Climb a mountain
- Improve my lettering skills
- Live in the same city as my hottie boyfriend (hey babe!)
- Perform at a Mortified event
- Own a dog or cat
- Go on an out-of-state road trip (completed: October 2010)
- Learn a language and use it (in progress – if I’m being optimistic about where my Portuguese class is going to take me)
- Go naked in the ocean
- Make a nostalgic power hour video mix
- Read a book/drink tea on a fire escape
- Hike in the Grand Canyon
- Make a successful creme brulee
- Memorize a sonata on the piano
- Own a statement necklace (check) and wear it with confidence (working on it)
- Run a sub 2 hour half marathon
- Be in a wedding (July 2014!)
- Pay off at least 1 student loan
- Take a massage therapy course
- Traverse the entire Wildwood Trail in Forest Park
- Be able to put my heels down in downward dog
I just realized that I am already 23.25 years old, so I better get my butt (and non-flexible hamstrings) into gear on these goals. If there’s any experts on these topics out there, please help guide me.
Also, can I just say how happy I am to see flowers again? The Oregon spring weather is, as usual, incredibly unpredictable, but I can handle alternating between being stuck inside and soaking up the sun if there are jars of these beautiful things everywhere.